Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cambridge Springs and The Riverside Inn

We braved the heat today and drove to Cambridge Springs for lunch and exploring. It's only about 40 minutes away, but other than Campbell Pottery, we've never gone to Cambridge Springs.

Along the way, the three Hodges Sisters couldn't resist having their picture taken in front of Hodges Lane.





I can't really say that I've never been to Cambridge Springs. The very first time that I visited Conneaut Lake, when Bob and I were dating, his family surprised me with a group outing to The Riverside Inn's dinner theater. It was a Medieval themed meal and performance, complete with food like giant turkey drumsticks, but lacking utensils of any kind. Maybe it took me twenty years to get over that and finally return to The Riverside Inn.

The front door to the Inn. Cambridge Springs used to be a popular destination for the wealthy because of it's natural springs. The only remaining hotel, The Riverside Inn has been operating for 125 years.















Lunch in the dining room.





I ordered a Mediterranean salad. It arrived complete with red onions, olives, feta cheese and sweet potato fries. This shouldn't surprise me since fries are common on salads in Western Pennsylvania.





The hotel still uses old room keys.








No comments: