Friday, August 10, 2012
5 Fact Friday - The RV Adventure
5 Facts about our crazy RV adventure this past week...
1) We had never been in an RV before. We'd never even been camping before!
2) The RV trip was an adventure!
3) The 'Good' parts of the adventure far outweighed the bad. The kids, especially our 10 year old loved it...Everything tastes great when cooked on a hibachi or campfire...We snuck away from the RV for a fabulous dinner out and some time at a wonderful Napa winery pool...RV people are very nice.
4) The 'Bad' parts are really yucky. RV parks are strange...Our Cruise America rental was really yucky...made-my-skin-crawl-yucky...The sewage hook-ups - ugh!..Our RV broke down...3 times...On the highway...In the end, it couldn't be fixed and we drove home a day early (thankfully I'd followed along in our car).
5) Surprisingly, I'd do it again! We learned a lot, so I'd change some things. First, I need a nice trailer. I've been eyeing cute vintage trailers on the internet. Look at my Pinterest board. You'll want one, too!
Have you been on RV (or trailer) trip? Do you have an RV? Would I be crazy to get a cute little trailer?