1) I write about Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania, where I spend summers. I adore Conneaut Lake! Most of the year, though, I live in California, in the heart of Silicon Valley. The two worlds are like night and day. Maybe that's why I appreciate summers at the lake so much.
2) I got my first DSLR this past year. Up until that point, other than a high school photography class, I'd been using a point and shoot. I've been working like mad to master my new baby. I've taken a few classes, including a fun workshop from Kristina at Moms who Click.
3) It's really hard for me to write, or talk, about myself.
4) I love to read. Some of my recent favorite books - Wild by Cheryl Strayed and The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey. I always have one book I'm reading and one book I'm listening to on tape. If my 'on tape' book is captivating (like Wild was), I find myself taking extra walks or driving the long way home just so I can listen a little bit longer.
5) My family is going on our first RV trip tomorrow. Wish us luck! We're not going far, which is good since my husband is terrified of driving the monster. He's also not much of a camper. The kids, though are thrilled. Any tips? I'm kind of stuck, and overwhelmed, on what to pack.
If you want to participate in the 5 Fact Friday, details can be found here. Join the fun - I'd love to hear about you!