Monday, July 19, 2010

Let the Fun Begin!

For the past six years, my cousin, her kids, and my two aunts have joined us for a week at the lake. This year, another cousin is here for her 3rd time. The gang arrived on Saturday afternoon and we dove in to our busy week of activities. Each year my mom and I play cruise director and come up with a schedule for the week. This year, we've planned our usual can't miss activities (Hank's, the beach, a cookout etc.) and have also added some fun new surprises.

We've had a dry summer. So dry, in fact, that the grass is dead and I've actually seen people out hand-watering plants. Wouldn't you know that the weather forecast calls for rain all week.

Our Saturday night cookout - enjoying the dry weather while we have it

S'mores by the lake - one of the kids' favorite activities

Enjoying an evening swim under a beautiful sky

No comments: