Friday, June 29, 2012

Tea at My Grandmother's Teapot in Adamsville


I don't know what took us so long to make it to My Grandmother's Teapot in Adamsville. The tea room is only 15 minutes away, and I've passed it countless times. In fact, I've eaten there in it's previous incarnations. For the past eight years, however, it's been My Grandmothers Teapot. 

This is my Aunt Iris. She is the newest cottage owner in the family. To celebrate this momentous occasion, we 'showered' her with gifts at a surprise cottage warming tea party. The hat, by the way, was just in the spirit of the tea, not her normal attire.





The two sisters who run the tea shop make every delicious item by hand. We ate scones, Welsh cakes, tea sandwiches, and cheesecake. 


After eating, we discovered the wall of hats. We missed that we were supposed to choose a hat to wear during the tea. Oh well. Trying on hats provided us with a good 30 minutes of fun.

My two aunts and my mother.

My cousin and my aunt.

The three 'little' ones. Can I still say that?

Me with my beautiful cousins.



2 comments:

Shellshock said...

Great post Becky, and as a tea lover you have been yearning to make the trip to My Grandmother's Teapot. I'll have to tell my sister all about it!

Kelly said...

Love it! Your mom, aunts, cousins, nieces and you all look great!