Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Night in Pittsburgh

The kids and I spent last night at the beautiful Omni William Penn in Pittsburgh. We were in Pittsburgh for the kids' first concert...American Idols. We loved the concert, but boy am I old. Somehow, in my years of absence from concerts, fans have replaced waving lighters in the air with waving their open cell phones. Due to memory card problems on my camera, I have no pictures of the hotel (which I highly recommend) or the concert. We took a walk around Pittsburgh this morning, and I was able to take a few pictures after replacing that darn memory card.

Pittsburgh is a beautiful city, with three rivers and many bridges. Looking across the river at downtown Pittsburgh...

One of Pittsburgh's many bridges...

Doesn't this picture look like it's of a model train! It's real, and I believe that it's carrying coal...

The train from a distance...

No comments: