A glimpse of summer life in and around Conneaut Lake
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Conneaut Lake Park
Conneaut Lake Park is open for business this year! The park, originally opened as Exposition Park in 1892, sits on the opposite side of the lake from our cottage. For years it has suffered from neglect and financial troubles. The money problems were so bad that that park couldn't open in 2007 and 2008 (1995 was the only other year in its 117 year history that it didn't open). Despite being run down, the park is a favorite summer destination for the kids.
The Devil's Den, around since 1968, features the 'infamous gun wall'.
Amy and Tessa, a little scared, at the end of the ride.
William and Ben
The kids are old enough that this is the first year we didn't go in Kiddieland at all.
Kate, Amy, Tessa, William and Ben (missing John who was out golfing).