Saturday, July 7, 2012

4th of July Cookout at the Cottage

This is one heck of a place to get to. Because of it's proximity to, well, nowhere, we don't get a lot of visitors. When our good friends from home said they'd be at a volleyball tournament in Columbus we begged and pleaded for them to make the drive to the lake. Actually, it didn't take much begging or pleading. Being the good sports that they are (and probably really curious about what actually goes on at the lake), they drove the four hours from Columbus to Conneaut Lake to spend two nights with us before returning to California.

Here are our visitors during our 4th of July cookout. I wonder what they're thinking.

We had a lot of family over for the 4th. Kate with her little cousins below.

 Our very casual cookout.

Usually I put more thought and effort into this. This year, though, since Bob wasn't here and we had house guests, I decided to relax, provide hot dogs, sausages, and s'mores and have guests bring everything else. So easy!

My sister-in-law and my nephew. Being a two year old boy, little Charlie was only interested in the 'pinchers' (aka tongs).

We have a new darling cousin in the family. Don't panic anyone - it's an empty bottle and he was closely supervised!

My daughter (left) and her friend. I think they must have been separated at birth.

After dinner by the cottage we moved down by the lake for a fire, s'mores, and fireworks.



Every try taking a picture of nine kids between the ages of 11 months and 14 years old? This is the best I could do! Good looking group, isn't it.


No comments: