Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The 50/50 Raffle and Conneaut Lake

I went over half my life without ever knowing of the 50/50 Raffle. And then, I started visiting Western Pennsylvania. It's some sort of requirement for organized events. The hosting group or organization sells raffle tickets, which guests buy in order to enter the raffle. If $100 is collected, the organizer gets $50 and the winner gets $50. If $200 is collect, the organization gets $100 and the winner gets $100. You get the idea.



Tickets are never much, and we always enter. The Midway Civic Club hosted their annual dinner on the beach last weekend. There was, of course, a 50/50 raffle. Guess who won? My aunt! You can see the excitement on her face.



As if that weren't enough, they had a little bonus drawing and I won a bottle of wine. That's my husband holding the wine. I'd like to think my hands aren't quite so masculine.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

You're right, my Mom looks so excited! :)